Author Topic: Hive365 SourceMod 3.0.4 Suggestion  (Read 1834 times)

Offline richlen99

• SentinelSigma Co-Owner
    • SentinelSigma
Hive365 SourceMod 3.0.4 Suggestion
« on: March 01, 2015, 04:40:24 AM »
So, after tooling with the plugin as suggested by Demo, I noticed some visual flaws. I corrected some, and added some comments in the source code as per how conventional SourceMod plugins print to chat usage help.

It's a start, but hopefully it changes the developer's focus on the plugin from the backend to the UX.

- You can have bytecodes together like so:
Code: [Select]
\x01\x04If you add a space between the bytes, the message is offset in chat

- Changed some universal word choice, for ease-of-use

- Looked through some stuff, had fun listening to the music :p

Offline Demo

• Owner/Co-Founder
Re: Hive365 SourceMod 3.0.4 Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 09:52:07 PM »
Hi,
After chatting to our SM Coder he stated:
The print to chat byte code must have a space inbetween the first default color code and the second actual color code for it to work correctly in cs:go. \x01 in fact does not even have to exist in other games but does in csgo.

Cheers

Offline richlen99

• SentinelSigma Co-Owner
    • SentinelSigma
Re: Hive365 SourceMod 3.0.4 Suggestion
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2016, 12:38:55 AM »
Sorry bout the necro (@Demo, told me to post it again)

there is a visual bug in the server with the bytecodes, so it shows this everytime in game

richlen99: test
[SM] Usage: sm_restart
 [Hive365] Type !djftw blah blah
[SM] blah blah

see the space before the hive365 tag? well its very annoying  :P

it is caused by this:
PrintToChat(i, "\x01 \x04[Hive365] This server is running Hive365 Radio type !radiohelp for Help!");
i know this is to add support for CS:GO, but other plugins have ways around this...I would look at the .sp files for examples, (i dont have any right now) and go from there...

another way to circumvent this is to release an uncolored version for CS:GO, but release one for TF2, CS:S, HL2DM, etc...the supported games.

also, colors.inc is outdated, the SM coder should use morecolors.inc, listed here, and an example of all supported colors here.

and i highly suggest using a translations file, so users can edit their responses. if Hive365 wishes to keep their [Hive365] prefix as-is so users cant edit it in the translations file, just do this and append it to the string:
new const String:Prefix[] = "[SM] ";

if you want to add the morecolors.inc colors, just put the color in curly braces, like so:
PrintToChat(i, "{vintage}[Hive365] {gold}This server is running Hive365 Radio. Type {forestgreen}!radiohelp{gold} for help!");
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 12:43:06 AM by richlen99 »