Author Topic: TeamSpeak Plugin?  (Read 2779 times)

Offline DigidyDOG

TeamSpeak Plugin?
« on: April 07, 2015, 08:53:02 AM »
I am a Teamspeak (TS) developer (fancy word for I setup teamspeaks for people) I have been playing CS:GO and have noticed your plugin on a few servers, and I love the music. I was wondering If you could make a plugin or bot for teamspeak with a few features:

request songs
toggle it on and off (by admin, so no one can listen to it)
toggle it on and off per person
volume adjust per person
command for current song

You know the usual stuff so people can listen and game, but since there are not a lot of games you guys support and if you spent some good quality time and money in this plugin you can reach further then just source/gmod/minecraft you could get into ArmA III, DayZ, Battlefield. Because with a great teamspeak plugin allows for anyone with a Teamspeak to install, listen, have fun, and enjoy Hive365 365 days of the year!

I would love you guys to make an awesome plugin.

Offline coolguy3289

• Dev Team
  • ALWAYS ANGRY MARINE!!
    • The Gaming Corner
Re: TeamSpeak Plugin?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 02:25:25 PM »
I think this could be a really good Idea! I will see if I can get anything going on this!
The Always Angry Marine Coolguy

Offline MaGiK

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 06:44:36 PM »
Certainly sounds like an interesting Idea, but its something Hive365 Admin
need to look at (we will ask the mechanic not his oil rag) in the mean time dont forget
that we do have the desktop gadget available for download.

Its only Magik.

Offline DigidyDOG

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 10:27:40 AM »
I have checked out the desktop gadget and it seemed like it was a little over driven and starting to get distorted that or gadget audio quality is not to audio quality standards.

Not sure but I have also thought of another way of doing it you could have a "bot" in the teamspeak or a plugin generated bot that could create its own locked channel with no subscribe powers and

So you could have the commands as something like !radio and then the bot listens sees you sent it and then adds the person to a whisper list and start using the whisper system to transmit the music, server admins could set a default volume for the bot, so it is not blaring when someone starts the !radio, if the person wants to turn it down they can right click the music bot in that channel it sits in, and change volume up and down. or some how make it command based where the plugin changes the volume for the bot for the client with !volume (x). just some great ideas and thoughts of how to implement let me know if you need any other ideas, I know Teamspeak pretty well.

Command Ideas (user):
• !radio (make it toggle on or off)
• !radio on
• !radio off
• !volume (x)
• !request (song) (integrate with your request system)
• !shoutout (integrate with your shout out system)

(admin):
• !radio true (enables the bot)
• !radio false (disables the bot)
• !radio listeners (shows how many people are listening on your server)
• !radio default Volume (x)
• !radio blacklist or whitelist (channel name) (don't allow music in specific channels or only allow it in specific channels) (restricts the use of the !radio command)
OR
•!radio channelList ("channel name","channel name","channel name") (this is so you can specify which channels are allowed to have the !radio commands used.) (restricts the use of the !radio command)

Makes bot whisper to a channel defaultly
• !radio default_channel_whispers ("channel name","channel name") so like if you have a channel people can join just to listen to music say a "no talk just listen" channel if someone joins it they will hear the bot defaultly.

Again since I am not talking to you guys, I am just trying to do some brain storming with you guys to exhaust all possibilities and ideas.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 10:22:36 AM by DigidyDOG »

Offline coolguy3289

• Dev Team
  • ALWAYS ANGRY MARINE!!
    • The Gaming Corner
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 02:06:18 PM »
Thanks for the Idea, Good Idea Actually!
The Always Angry Marine Coolguy